Software Engineer at Intel in Edinburgh
Intel’s Data Center Group is looking to hire a Software Engineer to join a small team at the University of Edinburgh. The focus of this position is the analysis of important data center workloads in the areas of High Performance Computing, Data Analytics, AI, etc. This analysis includes a deep understanding of the application performance on existing platforms, the identification of performance bottlenecks and of architectural limits, the feedback to CPU and platform architects and the performance projection for future hardware architectures and platforms. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with academic and research partners of leading UK research organizations like the Alan Turing Institute.
* 3-5 years relevant work experience or equivalent, in HPC and AI applications, their software stacks, and their implementation on data center platforms.
* Master’s or PhD degree in computer science or a similar discipline (informatics, physics, applied mathematics, engineering, etc).
* Professional expertise in developing and programming applications for various hardware architectures (CPUs, accelerators, interconnects, etc) and good working knowledge of the Intel Xeon CPU and system architecture.
* Good programming skills in C and C++ are essential, knowledge of scripting languages like Perl or Python is very helpful.
* Prior active experience in performance analysis is a big advantage.
* Occasional Business travel required
For more information or to apply, please visit https://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1799281/Software-Engineer/ or search for JR0079991 at jobs.intel.com.