The UKRSE association Annual General Meeting 2017 will be held from 5.30pm-6.30pm in the Garratt 2 room of the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) in Manchester. The AGM is held as part of the #RSE17 conference. Note that only attendees of the conference can attend the AGM in person. If you would like to attend the AGM remotely, then please get in touch and we will arrange a Skype-buddy for you who will provide you will remote access.
In addition to other matters, the AGM will cover two important topics:
- The election of three new committee members. Information about who is standing, together with the voting form is here.
- Discussing and passing a resolution that will enable the committee to take the next step to professionalise the organisation. More information about this, together with a link to the voting form is here.
Voting for the election of new committee members will conclude at midnight on Thursday 7th September, with results announced on the morning of Friday 8th September.
Voting on the resolution will conclude at 5.45pm during the AGM, with results announced during the AGM.
Agenda of the AGM
- UK RSE Committee report on activity and
plans (20 mins)
- Report on this year’s activities
- Summary of pre-circulated plans for setting up a formal RSE organisation
- Structure and constitution
- Transition arrangements and committee terms
- Questions to the committee on the plans
- Request for endorsement of the plans using online form. Vote closes at 5.45pm.
- Announcement of the result
- Group discussions on crowd-sourced topics (25 mins)
- Feedback of 3 points per topic (10mins)
- Reminder to vote for new committee members (5 mins)