We have a position opening for an RSE in a start-up. Please see below.
Research Software Engineer
### Company Overview:
Crypta Labs is a London-based company, developing a quantum-seeded encryption to secure Industrial IoT. Our Quantum Random Number Generator is used to integrate with the next standard of encryption and therewith future-proofing critical devices and communication. Our target markets for our technology are Critical Infrastructure, Transportation, Utilities, and the IoT ‘fatality’ market – any applications which if hacked can be lethal. We work with leading experts in quantum physics, photonics, cryptography, and chip development at universities around the world.
### Job Description:
The Research Software Engineer will be required to manage and be responsible for all codes developed for Crypta Labs.
You will be responsible for:
– Developing software for hardware on different platforms (Android, Raspberry Pi…), resolve problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
– Coordinating with the work of other software developers, scientists and hardware engineers
– Participating in development of software user manuals
– Decomposing and estimate requirements for changes to the software
– Providing status reports on development progress
– Participating in Client reviews, team meetings, and status meetings
– Providing recommendations and solutions to issues with existing code and hardware solutions
– Using and manage code repositories and build environments
– Using and manage issue/bug tracking tools
– Attend high level meeting with external 3rd parties
### The Candidate:
– ‘Taking ownership’ mindset & ability to get things done;
– Exceptional verbal & written communication skills including ability to explain complex Quantum Mechanics, Device Physics, or Computer Security concepts to lay audience
– Confidence to challenge others based on common sense;
– Knowledge of one or more of Java, Kotlin, C++, etc
– Knowledge of security concepts and concerns in software, especially with respect to mobile and IoT platforms
– Appreciation for standard software engineering practices: CI, TDD, Issue Tracking, Version Control, etc..
– Demonstrate expertise in one or more of Quantum Mechanics, Semi-conductor Physics, Quantum Photonics, Quantum Information, Mathematics, Computer Science
– Knowledge of Android and Unix development stacks
– Knowledge of a security framework, e.g. the Java Security Framework, OpenSSL, etc
We are looking for someone who can take ownership, be curious and get things done. To achieve this, we are seeking an experienced developer who is ready to accept the challenge of working in a growing business. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to guide a swiftly growing start up. Your starting salary range is £40,000 to £50,000 depending on your experience, and this salary will increase when the company grows.
Please contact email@example.com