As the industry’s leading supplier of microprocessor technology, Arm provides efficient, low-power chip intelligence making affordable, easy-to-use electronic innovations come to life. ARM engineers design and develop CPUs, graphics processors, complex system IP, supporting software development tools, and physical libraries.
We are seeking highly motivated interns to join ARM’s Research team to work on a variety of cutting-edge research for spring, summer, or fall-term placements. Our architecture and systems research activities cover a wide range of disciplines including mobile and laptop personal computing and applications; server, cloud, and HPC computing; emerging memory technologies; interconnects; throughput and vector computing; formal design methods and security; exploiting parallelism with vector, SIMD, throughput, and multicore architecture; and machine learning and computer vision. Exceptional candidates can experience firsthand how Arm shapes an ecosystem of more than one thousand partners that ship over 10 billion leading-edge Arm-powered processors each year.
- Computer Architecture
- Simulation and Modelling
- Ubiquitous Parallelization
- Computer Vision
- Ultra low power VLSI Circuits and Systems
- Energy harvesting and integrated voltage regulators
- Printed Electronics
- Formal verification of Specifications and Implementations
Please identify your area of interest in your CV Covering letter.
Desirable skills & Experience
The candidate should also have expertise in one of the research areas of the group:
- High performance computing applications, runtimes, and libraries (MPI, PGAS, etc.)
- Server and cloud architecture
- Network platform architecture
- Computer Vision
- SoC system architecture
- Heterogeneous computing
- Multi-processing and parallel computing
- Virtualization and related memory system optimization
- Experience in coding for SIMD and / or vector optimizations
- Experience with hardware verification techniques
- Experience with graph analytics
- Scale-up / scale-out interconnect
- Systems software (OS, runtimes, compilers)
- Power modeling and analysis
- Code optimization for GPUs
- Programmable hardware accelerators
- Algorithms for engineering or science workloads
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
The internship start dates are flexible.
We are currently only able to support applications from candidates who are already eligible to work and live in the UK. This might also include individuals who are currently under the Tier 4 study visa scheme. Therefore, you will automatically be deselected if this requirement isn’t met.