Our research group is looking for a passionate and extremely skilled research engineer to focus on implementing computational geometry, procedural geometry generation, Machine Learning, heuristic and optimization algorithms.
The selected candidate will investigate creating, evaluating and leveraging multiple geometry representations and procedural geometry generation and transformation techniques to automatically design, generate, transform, and optimize a variety of 3D shapes under sets of specific constraints.
• Architect and implement prototypes and software components with the team
• Research, invent, and implement novel geometry representations, algorithms, and techniques
• Help plan, organize, and communicate team accomplishments and technology outputs
• Contribute to a research program exploring procedural geometry generation, simulation, and optimization
• PhD or MSc in Math, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any other relevant disciplines
• Extensive experience in complex software development projects
• Excellent knowledge of geometry and topology concepts and data structures
• Excellent knowledge of linear algebra and calculus
• Excellent knowledge of 3D computer graphics and visualization techniques and libraries
• Familiarity with Machine Learning concepts, techniques, and libraries
• Experience with Matlab, Python or other programming languages
• Familiarity with geometry representations such as NURBS, splines, level sets, surface and volumetric meshes, point clouds, analytical surfaces/solids, functional representations, subdivision surfaces, T-splines, etc.
• Experience with C++, STL, OpenGL, OpenMP, OpenCL (or alternatives) is a plus
Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you’ve ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you’ve experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything. For more information and open positions visit autodesk.com/careers. To see our culture in action, please check out #AutodeskLife on Instagram or facebook.com/autodeskcareers. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualiﬁed applicants without regard to race, gender, disability, veteran status or other protected category.