Letter of Invitation and Visa

In most cases a valid passport will be sufficient. However, visitors from outside the UK, outside the European Union (EU) and outside the European Economic Area (EEA) should check whether or not a visa is required. Moreover, visitors from central and eastern Europe should check whether or not special health insurance is required for receiving a visa. All insurance and visa costs must be borne by the participant.

Check if you need a UK visa. If you need a visa then a Standard Visitor visa should be sufficient for business, or to take part in events.

European Economic Area (EEA)

UK is a member of the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA is the area in which the Agreement on the EEA provides for the free movement of persons, goods, services and capital within the EU’s single market. The EEA includes EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Switzerland is neither an EU nor EEA member but is part of the single market – this means Swiss nationals have the same rights to work in the UK as other EEA nationals.

Letter of invitation for participation in the RSE Conference 2017

Participants who need to receive an official letter of invitation in order to obtain a visa, raise travel funds, or for administrative purposes should apply for this document early in advance. Requests received one or two months before the conference dates may not be processed by the embassies.

This invitation is not a commitment on the part of the organisers to provide financial support. The organiser cannot provide or sign any guarantee letters.

It should be understood that the organisers can only issue an invitation which includes the time of the conference plus the weekdays directly before and Saturday and Sunday directly after the conference. Moreover, a valid registration and/or a submitted abstract for an oral or poster contribution would be beneficial when issuing an invitation.

Request a letter of invitation.